Sunday, June 8, 2014

Final Week (39)

As I reach my last couple of days in Shanghai, I could not possibly hope to describe in any number of words how unbelievably life-changing this entire experience has been for me. I will thus finish this record of my time in China by saying although I am very excited to come back to the States and start the next phase of my life, I will dearly treasure and miss so many aspects of this place and this experience. However, I know I will always carry it in my heart and brain wherever I go, forever and ever. 

Now I will leave you with the classic cliché of "a picture is worth a thousand words" in describing this week of goodbyes. I am so absolutely grateful to have met and become so close to all of these beautiful humans.

My last time eating my favorite dish in all of China: vegetable fried rice with all kinds of magical spice:


With the lovely owners of this delicious Northwest noodle joint!

Giving my graduation speech (my Japanese friend Koki who will be attending college in China next year also gave a wonderful one):


Language Class 2 (Reo, Paris, Yas, Keiondre, Brady, Carmen, Saori, Maike, Me, Sun Lao Shi and Ge Lao shi) 

Two of the best teachers in the world! 孙老师和葛老师 (Sun and Ge)

After our graduation ceremony, class 2 went with Sun and Ge to a Sichuan restaurant. It was one of the most authentic and deliciously spicy that I have had outside of Chengdu and it was one of the most fun restaurant experiences I have had all year! We played a bunch of games, one of which was that we couldn't use the Chinese versions of "me/I", "you" and "he/she" or else we have to choose "truth or dare". I ended up having to ask a waiter if I could hug a waiter (he said he wasn't allowed). Such a wonderful last dinner here!

With Reo, Saori and the top of Yas's head

With Eriko

With Chihiro 

With Johanna 

With Eirik

No comments:

Post a Comment