Sunday, May 11, 2014

35

This week felt super long, especially since we had 6 days straight of school. It was a good week though! 

On Sunday, we had Friday's class schedule, which meant we had an extra long amount of time between the last class of the afternoon and night-study. 
Maike and I decided to get crafty once again and made collages using some of the Time Magazines that my mom has sent (one of her thoughtful clients collects them for me). As an inspiration/theme, we used the following line taken randomly from the Barbara Kingsolver book I just read: "Power, like space, it seemed to me, would always get used. People expand and bloat to fill it." 

(Mine is the collage on the left, Maike's is on the right) 

The AP Chinese Language and Culture Exam was on Wednesday!
After taking class pictures (wearing our fancy uniforms!) in the morning, Keiondre, Paris, Maike and Tilden and I got out of school to go take the test. 
Overall, I feel pretty good about it! The test is broken up into listening, reading, writing and speaking and although the actual language level of the exam didn't feel hard at all, because we hadn't been preparing for the specific AP test format this year (and have been focusing on HSK format which is quite different), the type of writing/speaking samples were the slightest bit challenging with the specific time constraints. The listening and reading were excellent though and I think we all did well regardlessly! 

It was sort of a bummer that we ended up having tons of Chinese class-work/homework to catch up on in night study though and it was definitely a very different experience taking the AP here than all the ones I've taken at my school before. 

I took the HSK 5 on Saturday! I also felt good about that test and even better being done with two big academic hurdles! All that's left is our research presentation and finals, both of which I'm not too worried about! 

:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment